We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

export problem (pdf broken)

joka83

hey,

I got some strange issues exporting reports to some specific formats.

In the report preview of JasperServer some report fields aren't filled with data, but when i export the report to .pdf all fields/data are perfectly shown. When I right-click-save the pdf-export and try to open it later on my desktop i get an error like "Acrobat Reader can't open dummy.pdf cause datatype isn't supported or file is damaged". I use the latest Acrobat Reader version. Which version do I have to use in order to view the pdf-files later? If i use the scheduler of jasperserver, I am able to run the pdf !!! When I export the report to .csv-, or flash-format all fields are printed, but when I use xls-format some fields are missing, any ideas what the problem could be ?

help would be really great ;)

regards daniel

Post Edited by joka83 at 05/08/2011 13:53

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me, when you preview the report, is the server set to display Full Data or Sample Data?

Is your query returning a lot of data? Could you be pushing the limits of your RAM or hard drive memory? Could the success with some formats and failure with others be due to the overhead of some formats or data compression of others (a memory limitation)? Messages that make no sense appear in such a situation. 

Hey khahn, 

thanks for your help !

well, I don't know if the server is set to display Full oder Sample data, can you give me a hint where to find, or where to change this information?

I don't think that my system is too slow, cause generating the report only takes about 1-2 seconds, so maybe there is an issue with "display full data" like u mentioned ?

looking forward to your next message ;)

regards daniel

Hey Daniel,

Sorry I wasn't clear about the Full Data | Sample Data options. Attached is a screenshot showing the options below the toolbar on the Canvas of the Ad Hoc Designer. I assume you are using JasperReports Server Professional, which includes the Ad Hoc Designer, because you talked about your report Preview.

Let me research  your PDF and XLS problem further and get back to you.

Post Edited by khahn at 05/10/2011 17:39

Hey khahn,

thanks for your answer again ;)

well, i never heard of Ad Hoc Designer before, because I only use the free community-editions of jaspersoft, in this case JasperReports Server.

With preview I meant the view you get, when you run a report out of your server - repository, before you decide to export it to different formats...

Hard to describe, hope you got me?! ;))

regards daniel

OK, Daniel, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. I gotcha now.

Did you install the sample reports with JasperReports Server? If so, please try this. Log in as user: jasperadmin, password also jasperadmin. Click View > Repository. Navigate to the Reports/Samples folder. Run the Accounts report. Export the report to PDF. Is it 46 pages? Export the report to XLSX. Is it 1306 lines long?

Thanks for your patience.

Hey again,

I ran the "AllAccounts"-report and exported it to pdf and xslt later. My pdf file got 43 pages and my xslt-export 1310 lines of information. All fields and information are shown ! Sometimes when I try to run an export I get an error like:

Oh my!

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

org.springframework.webflow.execution.repository.snapshot.SnapshotNotFoundException: No flow execution snapshot could be found with id '1'; perhaps the snapshot has been removed?

Error Trace

org.springframework.webflow.execution.repository.snapshot.SnapshotNotFoundException: No flow execution snapshot could be found with id '1'; perhaps the snapshot has been removed? at org.springframework.webflow.execution.repository.impl.SimpleFlowExecutionSnapshotGroup.getSnapshot(SimpleFlowExecutionSnapshotGroup.java:74)

So it seems sth. is wrong with the springframework ?! When I restart my server it works again.

EDIT: seems to occur, when I run a report before webpage finished loading...

I attached 2 files for you.

File 1 shows a screen I see when i run my report out of the repository, picture 2 shows a screen, I get after exporting to pdf. As you can see, some fields like "Jahr" or "Monat" aren't displayed after I ran the report, they are only visible in some certain formats like pdf or flash after an export...

Hope it helps you a bit :(

Thanks for your help !

regards daniel

Post Edited by joka83 at 05/12/2011 11:21

hey all,

well, I finally solved the problem ! there was some kind of problem in my .jrmxl-file. I think it had sth. to do with my group-settings...because after I deleted all groups and constructed them all new from the beginning, everything works fine ;) what seems strange, that I got no problems converting the report in iReport, these group settings only cause problems in the jasperserver environment ...

anyway, big thanks for your help khahn.

regards