We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

docking the report inspector

jrechter

In the new version of iReport 4.0.2, I can't seem to dock the report inspector on the left side of the screen, it only docks in the editor section.  As a result, the only way to see the attributes of a report is to undock it.  Any suggestions, or is this a bug.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe throw up some screenshots to describe what you are seeing.   I am able to dock the report inspector on the left side without any issues.   It only applies when in Design Mode of a report and will not show when in XML or Preview Mode, whether this is a bug or intended behavior isn't clear but it also works that way in earlier versions of iReport.

Jeff

Attached is what I see.  Either it's docking the inspector in the editor, revealing no attributes, or its undocking.  It won't allow me to drag the inspector to any other place other than the editor frame.

Way too funny.... I think I got it to reproduce or something similar anyway.... 

I undocked the Report Inspector Window and then couldn't get it to dock back on the left side.  I noticed that inside the undocked window there is a header bar that says "Report Inspector" you have to drag that column (inside the window) to the location you want it to be placed not the dock window itself.

Hope that was clear and did what you are looking for?   Let me know otherwise and I will send a screenshot.

Jeff

That didn't seem to work for me.  But somehow I got it to dock outside the editor frame in its own frame below the editor.  I just kept clicking and dragging here and there, and eventually, presto, it docked outside the editor.  I couldn't tell you the steps that made it work.  I still can't make it dock to the left side of the screen.

I have added the issue as a bug.  Thus far, QA has been unable to reproduce the problem. 

Thanks for taking time to help.

• 1 year later...

I had the exact same problem, drove me crazy, I wasted an hour dragging, docking, undocking, resizing, opening and closing windows, on and on troubleshooting just to have to do a reset, a least now I know I feel sorry for all of the other people who also waste their time on this.

I tried a couple of other threads and this is the one with the fix. Window > Reset Widows.

Thanks