How to prevent a group footer from being alone in the page?

mperez01

Hi,

I have a requirement to avoid printing the group footer alone in a page. The issue arrises when the detail band ends near the end of page so that the group footer wouldn't fit, and therefore it goes to the next page alone. What I would like jasper to do is to send the last detail record to the next page, so that the page would have at least one detail record and the group footer.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Mike.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this :

Modify your group property : Min height to Start New Page | 50 | .

By this number you assign the :

Minimum amount of vertical space needed at the bottom of the column in order to place the group header on the current column.

I hope it will works.

• 1 month later...

I am using iReport 3.7.4 to generate simple report with a single group and I am facing the same problem as described above - my group footer is being printed on the new page without any detail records above it. This group footer displays a certain group information, and its height varies.

I would like to have at least one record above the group footer on the same page and this is something that sounds so logical to me, and yet so difficult to accomplish. I tried to set 'Min height to Start New Page' group property, but it didn't work for me.

I would appreciate any help regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Post Edited by petar.mitrovic at 06/14/2011 08:41

• 10 years later...