ireport version 4.0.2 problem

marall80

i built my reports with ireport version 3.6.0

i wanted to compile my report with new version 4.0.1 or 4.0.2

but unfortunately none of my reports worked. i and my colleagues work on them

i make reports and give them the jaspers then they  use weblogic and  put them in our site.

they use    jasperreports-4.0.2.jar      jasperreports-fonts-4.0.2.jar      jasperreports-applet-4.0.2.jar  

veocity-dep-1.5.jar-Lib/velocity-1.5     veocity-1.5.jar-Lib/velocity-1.5   

what shoud we do ?please help us

we receive this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of net.sf.jasperrep
orts.engine.base.JRBaseTextField to field net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseParagraph.paragraph
Container of type net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRParagraphContainer in instance of net.sf.jasperrepor
ts.engine.base.JRBaseParagraph
        at com.fanava.psp.report.Report.fill(Report.java:86)
        at com.fanava.psp.report.ReportUtils.report(ReportUtils.java:53)
        at com.fanava.psp.report.ReportUtils.report(ReportUtils.java:25)
        at com.fanava.bank.report.BankReportUtils.report(BankReportUtils.java:135)
        at com.pardis.report.card.IssuedCard.getReport(IssuedCard.java:59)
        at com.pardis.report.mbeans.ReportRunnerThread.run(ReportRunnerThread.java:30)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.
JRBaseTextField to field net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseParagraph.paragraphContainer of type
 net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRParagraphContainer in instance of net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JR
BaseParagraph

Post Edited by marall80 at 04/25/2011 06:39

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking it's doubtbul an issue with iReport 4.0.2.  I ugpgrade to 4.0.2 of iReport and at the same time our developer made sure the the latest libraries required by 4.0.2 have been upgraded within our application which embeds Jasper Reports for executing them. 

If I had to guess, you have a mismatched version of a libary on the application server where the reports are being executed especially since they are running fine in iReport and only when you deploy them to your developers that you get it complaining about the paragraph stuff, which was added into 4.0.2 btw :)

Wish I could be of more help.

let me explain it for you

at first  we used ireport 3.6.0   and jar files  3.6.0

then  we upgraded jar files to 4.0.1   but  i used 3.6.0 and all reports work properly.

when i  installed ireport 4.0.1  and the jar files  were 4.0.1 my reports dont work.

and ireport 4.0.2 with jar files 4.0.2 are the same as 4.0.1

ther is something wrong with version 4.0.1 or 4.0.2.

how it possible that  ireport 3.6.0  works with jar files 4.0.1

but ireport 4.0.1 doesnt work with jar files 4.0.1????