We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Adjust page margins on odd/even pages

zspartan

We are trying to use iReport to generate printable reports that have to be hole punched and put into a binder. Therefore, we need to have the margin on odd pages be shifted over to the right of the page, and shifted to the left on even pages.

We are struggling to implement this and would appreciate any guidance on the matter possible.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 100% on whether you can dynamically adjust report margins at runtime as this si a report setting not a page setting. Don't think possible but maybe someone who is more well versed in iReport/Jasper than I can confirm.

One option (hack) would be to double up the objects and/or detail bands and then control which one prints through a printWhenExpression depending on the odd vs even pages.

Example: following print expression would only print if an even page.

new Boolean(($V{REPORT_COUNT}.intValue() % 2) == 0)

This way you can offset the objects accordingly to get the margin you are looking for on the report.

That's all I can think of.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Doubling the elements may not be the ideal solution, but it may be the best currently available and I greatly appreciate your time. If nothing else it at least lets us move on to other challenges.

Another approch.

Create a Group  on one of your database field. (Start OnNew Page = true) 

On group footer create Subreport  . Aling to left most position.

printWhenExpression: new Boolean(($V{REPORT_COUNT}.intValue() % 2) == 1)      odd

Copy the created subreport on desire right position,  on top of the other subreport.

printWhenExpression: new Boolean(($V{REPORT_COUNT}.intValue() % 2) == 0)      even

Good Luck.

• 9 years later...