We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Oracle instead of MySQL? (newbie)

wdsteve

HI

I am a total newbie to JasperReports and my understanding of Java is limited so please forgive my ignorance!

I Have an existing installation of Oracle 11g on linux, using Glasfish to connect to APEX.  My goal is to use JasperReports to create PDFs directly from within my APEX applications.

Can I dispense with the install of MySQL and get it to use Oracle instead?   If so, how do I acheive this?

Thanks for your help

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm assuming you want to replace the MySql repository with an Oracle one.

If this is the case then we have been through the process of working this one out and I've put some instructions here:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=83911

(they're on the second page).

As for embedding the reports within an APEX application - I'm not a Java developer and that would be beyond me. I suspect you'd need to start playing around with the jasper reports libraries and embed them in your application, but I'll defer that to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Hi wdsteve,

you can follow toddbrook's link to replace MySql repository  with Oracle database  one.

To use Jasperreport embedded in Apex I can advice you 2 ways:

1) Use jasperserver webservices. It's very easy use Apex 4 like a WS Client and parse response with PLSQL.

2) Use PLSQL and Javascript to build you report URL (ex. http://yourjasperserver/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=YOUR_REPORT&j_acegi_security_check?&j_username=username&j_password=password&P_PARAM1=value1&P_PARAM2=value2&ParentFolderUri=/reports/xxxx&output=pdf).

I use both methods with success, you can choose the best method for your skill!