We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Report output shows one row per page

vishakha

I am new to iReport designer (version 4.0.1) and need some guidance.  I have designed a report which uses an SQL query.  When the report is rendered the output shows one row per page.  Even in a very basic format i.e with just the fields specified in the Detail band, the report output displays one row per page.  Can someone please point me towards a property which needs to be set such that the report output fills as many rows as can fit in the detail band per page?  Or guide me on what I am missing in creating such a basic report.  I have looked at the sample reports and I cannot see a difference.   

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Vishakha

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say without seeing the details of the report definition,  couple of things to check, did you accidentally put a page break element in the detail section, that got me once. 

What is the Page size settings for height/width for the report, how many bands are included and what are the band heights of them all, what may be happening is you have the page height set low and the title, page, column header sections set so hight that there is only enough room for one detail band to print. 

Just a thought, those are the only things I have ever seen which would exhibit this behavior.