Groovy expression to check for null no longer works after upgrade from 3.7.1 to 4.0

lpeel

Hi,

I really like the new User Interface of 4.0(!)  and refuse to revert back to 3.7.1.  groovy 1.7.5 upgrade has caused BigDecimal (and float) null comparison to fail.   The form has many optional input controls and I've attached documentation of how the word 'null' now appears in the SQL and breaks it.

Groovy forum post said that it may be fixed in groovy 1.7.9 but the jar and package structure is different for the asm dependencies.  So downloading a later groovy jar was not an option for me.  Trying to use the earlier groovy 1.5.5 gave an error.   Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?   Can I log this as a bug?

Code:

Post Edited by lhp at 03/09/2011 19:32

Post Edited by lhp at 03/09/2011 21:50

Post Edited by lhp at 03/10/2011 18:34

Post Edited by lhp at 03/10/2011 18:35

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is due to a bug in groovy 1.7.5, cross referencing Ireport forum
http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=83&forumid=101&topicid=82847

I downgraded to groovy 1.5.5, restarted my tomcat but now get
nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/groovy/runtime/callsite/CallSiteArray

I tried to upgrade to groovy 1.7.9 but IReports will not compile at all using that version.

BigDecimal functionality is broken whenever the value is null, its impossible to test for null input.

Post Edited by lhp at 03/10/2011 22:42

Posting the only solution I was able to find:  Change reports to compile using Java instead of Groovy.  I didn't have to make any other changes at all.   All the critical functionality now works. 

Groovy has some really powerful features as it turns out.  I looked at it more over the past few days spending time at their forum and looking at the documentation.   I'd like to try using it again in the future.