XML Encoding Type on different OS

ziden

Hello everyone.

Im having a lil trouble making a report i made working correctly in Unix. What happens is the following, my report datasource is a XML comin from a CLOB on a DD2 structure. The XML may contain unicode special characters such as Ç for example. By the time the report is generated on Windows, the unicode is correctly read and i can see proper characters. However, when the report is generated under a Unix SO, the characters are not read as they should, theyr read by the report as hash characters that should represent the original unicode one.

Ive read a lil bit about how to add a font on a report specifically, the both ways: Or adding it as a font map into java code (OLD) or creating a font jar to the report, so the Unix could use the same font windows is using.

Using the fontmap havent won the deal, the 'jar way of life' havent been tested yet.

Still im not sure if, this is a problem of font or its more complicated then that. I wish to know if anyone there has any valuable information that could help me solve this.

Thanx for your attention and for any help.

Regards, Ziden.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic