We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Bold fonts + PDF

henryedsl

Hello!

I have created a JasperReports report with the bold fonts in the iReport. The PDF preview in the iReport is OK, but when i export to PDF in my application, all font properties get lost and the text looks like plain text.

This is what i tried to do with no success:

1. Using iReport, i made sure that all the fonts i used in my report have been defined in iReport. I went to Tools -> Options -> iReport -> Fonts, and installed Verdana, which is one of the fonts i'm using. When installing this font, i made sure to check "Embed this font in PDF document" checkbox.

2. Once all the fonts were installed, i selected all the fonts i used in my report and then clicked the “Export as extension” button to create a jar file.

3. Finally i added the created jar file to the classpath of my application, at this point i thought i was done :(

But, after doing all this and runnind my application, i realized that the problem was still there, and the worst part is that i don't know what else to do. Am i missing something? What do i have to do so that bold fonts show properly in PDFs exported from my application?

Some additional data:
I have OpenSuSe as OS. I have attached three documents so that you can see the good report, the bad report, and the window where i installed the trutype fonts. I'm using iReport 3.7.2

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Best regards...

Post Edited by henryedsl at 01/25/2011 19:56

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic