We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Large Number of Columns in Excel 2003 (or lower)

markrgli

Hi,

I'm exporting a report with a large number of columns into Excel (2003 or lower) and I'm getting the exception below. My report has ~300 columns (variable). I read somewhere that this is because Excel 2003 and lower does not support more than 256 columns. However I am still wondering if there a way to possibly tweak the exporter and export to Excel 2003 with this number of columns. Or do I have no choice but to output to Excel 2007?

Thanks.

PS: Apologies if this has been discussed before; I searched but couldn't find a topic.

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid column index (256).  Allowable column range for BIFF8 is (0..255) or ('A'..'IV')	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.checkBounds(HSSFCell.java:926)	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.<init>(HSSFCell.java:162)	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow.createCell(HSSFRow.java:141)	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow.createCell(HSSFRow.java:119)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsExporter.setCell(JRXlsExporter.java:344)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportPage(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:711)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReportToStream(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:613)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReport(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:299)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic