Line Matrix Printer and JasperReports

waqar

Hi,

Recently i cam across with a P7000 Line Matrix Printer. I need to take out more then 2000 pages at the end on each month. All of my reports are developed in JasperReport.

Is there any optimized way of doing this?

Previously here people were used to to send printout directly from FoxPro (yes that right!). That time all the reports come out from Line Matrix printer very fast and text are not distorted. And header was still in 'Bold' that remind me old DOS days.

But using PDF format all the text characters are distorted and the printouts take longer time and toner to came out.

Please let me know the Jasper way of handling the Dot Matrix or Line Matrix printers.

w\

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I am at the same point from where I started but got a good opinion ...

Hi,

As long as you send your print data through Windows driver, it will printed as graphic mode. Unless you send the data to the printer directly or through Generic Text driver.

Printing from MS Word or PDF, it will print through Windows driver, this will send the data in graphic mode.

For Cobol and FoxPro application, there are sending the data directly to the printer, this is why the printer is printing in text mode.

Any application can use the device font, the printer will print in text mode. Eg. Crystal report. In the crystal report, user can select our printer device font, the printer will print in text mode. I will recommend you to contact our local distributor for any assistant.

Best regards,

MB Tan