We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Fort Issue : distortion in Urdu and Vietnames character

jamesrquinnox.com

Hi All

I am trying to create the post script file using jasper for Urdu and Vietnamese languages in Linux env. But in output I get the distortion in Urdu character which causes   no meanings for the sentence.

The same process worked fine for Arabic, Spanish, German and Russian.  

Here are the process steps.

1. create the .jasper temple using ireport3.7.3(set the following attribute in form -  font name =SaneSerif and PDFfont name is deprecated = DejaVoSans)
  2. In java code get the data from database in bean and send to jasper(jasperreport1.2.7.jar) which will produce the report and convert the output into ps file.
    (Working in suse 10.x env.)
  3. Send the ps file to printer.

Is there any specific font for Urdu and Vietnamese?

Please find the attachment for the outputs.

Thanks in advance for help!!!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to generate Report in Russian language but it is generating with special characters in PDF file (In preview it is displaying in Russian characters only but pdf generated by iReport Designer and generated by Jasper Report Library are in special characters).

Steps are followed

1. Designed the Report using XML Data source and Report Locale (Tools-->Options-->iReport -->Compilation and execution) is defined as Russian(Russia)

2. In Preview, the Report is displaying in Russian Language and xxx.jasper report is generated.

3. Using Jasper Report Library, trying to generate PDF file using the xxx.jasper file and it is displaying as special characters.

Please help me if you know the solution for this issue as you mentioned that Russian process is worked for you.

Here is the Report content

Design Phase

-----------

ЯвлÑетеÑÑŒ ли Ð’Ñ‹ инвалидом I или II группы, инвалидом-детÑтва, лицом, требующим поÑтоÑнного ухода,

что подтверждено медицинÑким заключением

PDF

---

I II , -, , ,

, ,

/ , - ?

?

• 2 weeks later...