Customized Input Controls

calebpowell

Hi,

I am currently in the process of evaluating JasperServer for use in a custom software project. We want to convert the project's existing reporting functionality to JasperServer.

One area I need more information on is Input Controls. Currently, the user fills out report parameters using a thick client. We want to mimic the behaviour of the thick client input controls in the Jasper Server html. I have read section 4.3.3 in the "JasperServer User's Guide", so I have a decent understanding of how to add basic Input Controls and how they can be configured with different datasources. I haven't been able to find much information beyond this document.

We want to create customized Input Controls. For example, one Input Control we want to build enables a User to search for a Customer in a pop-up dialog:

• The User presses the "Customer" button.
  • A dialog box is displayed. It contains a number of customer related fields (fname, lname, DOB, etc).
  • The User can filter the number of customer by filling in data into these fields.
  • The User presses a search button on the dialog box, which then displays a filtered list of Customers.
  • The User selects one of the Customers from the list. The dialog is dismissed and the Customer ID is used as a parameter in the report.

Does this sound like something that can be done in the JasperServer UI? If so, would it be possible to refer me to some documentation that explains how to do so?

Thanks!

Caleb

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic