We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Crosstab Comparable BucketExpression in 3.7.4

blt9881

I'm attempting to upgrade my JasperReports install from 3.1.2 to 3.7.4.  I have a report that uses a custom object for the bucket expression in a crosstab report.  The bucket expression implements Comparable which allows me to sort columns by something other than the display value.  This worked fine in 3.1.2.

In 3.7.4, the sorting works, but for some reason the data is all messed up.  Rather than showing the sum, almost all values are 0.  Neither the report nor the datasource has changed.

Does anyone have any suggesstions on where I should begin my debugging?  Any reason why custom bucket expressions can't be used to sort crosstab columns anymore?  I'd appreciate any pointers you might have.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your response.  I actually figured out the problem last night and forgot to post back.  isDataSorted was set to true.  This worked in 3.1.2 but not in 3.7.4.  Setting to false fixed my problem.

I'm assuming that my data was not actually presorted.  I have no idea why it would have worked in 3.1.2.  I will try to verify that correctly sorted data with a custom BucketExpression works as designed.

Thanks for a great reporting engine!