JasperSever Pro 3.7 and AD Windows 2003

kchanna

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me with this one.

I am running JasperServer Pro 3.7 on RHEL. I am configuring it to authenticate against a Windows 2003 AD. I have confirmed that the LDAP service is running on the AD and can connect using an Softerra LDAP browser.

Authentication bean looks like this:

<bean id="authenticationManager" class="org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager">

<property name="providers">

<list>

<ref local="ldapAuthenticationProvider"/>

<ref local="daoAuthenticationProvider"/>

<ref local="anonymousAuthenticationProvider"/>

<!--ref local="jaasAuthenticationProvider"/-->

</list>

</property>

</bean>

The context source config looks like this:

<bean id="ldapContextSource" class="org.springframework.security.ldap.DefaultSpringSecurityContextSource">

<constructor-arg value="ldap://10.0.3.21:389/dc=entitysolutions,dc=local"/>

<property name="userDn"><value>cn=Application Authenticator,cn=Users,dc=entitysolutions,dc=local</value></property> 

<property name="password"><value>Password_1</value></property>

</bean>

The user 'Application Authenticator' is a basic AD user which can browse the LDAP directory easily using the external utility (See 1.jpg)

To locate the users, I have made the following modifications:

<!--  For LDAP authentication  This bean is not used by default  -->   

<bean id="userSearch" class="org.springframework.security.ldap.search.FilterBasedLdapUserSearch">

<constructor-arg index="0"><value>cn=Users</value></constructor-arg>

<constructor-arg index="1"><value>(sAMAccountName={0})</value></constructor-arg>

<constructor-arg index="2"><ref local="ldapContextSource" /></constructor-arg>            

<property name="searchSubtree"><value>true</value></property>            

</bean>   

The below code i.e. the first constuctor, I haven't modified, please advise if any modifications have to be made?

<!-- For LDAP authentication -->

<bean id="ldapAuthenticationProvider" class="org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider">

<constructor-arg>

<bean class="org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.authenticator.BindAuthenticator">

<constructor-arg><ref local="ldapContextSource"/></constructor-arg>

<!-- <property name="userDnPatterns"><list><value>uid={0}</value></list></property> -->

<property name="userSearch"><ref local="userSearch"/> </property>

</bean>

</constructor-arg>

I have however modified the second constructor which is as below:
<constructor-arg>       <bean class="org.springframework.security.ldap.populator.DefaultLdapAuthoritiesPopulator">          <constructor-arg index="0"><ref local="ldapContextSource"/></constructor-arg>          <constructor-arg index="1"><value>cn=Builtin</value></constructor-arg>          <property name="groupRoleAttribute"><value>cn</value></property>          <property name="groupSearchFilter"><value>(&(uniqueMember={0})(objectclass=groupofuniquenames))</value></property>          <property name="searchSubtree"><value>true</value></property>                   </bean></constructor-arg>

needless to say the authentication isnt working when I try to log in as JasperTest, and in the log, I get the below message:

2010-06-29 14:14:26,775  WARN LoggerListener,http-8080-Processor24:60 - Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: JasperTest; details: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.MTWebAuthenticationDetails@0: RemoteIpAddress: 10.0.3.249; SessionId: 358C8EEA5CC208C4E0532E7BCDC64539; exception: Bad credentials

Any help will be greatly appreciated:
Cheers Kamran

1.jpg - Screen grab of LDAP Browser
2.jpg - Screen grab of the AD

Post Edited by kchanna at 06/29/2010 06:05

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having the same issue, your config seems about right..

two things i could think of:

first; make absolutely sure your capitals are right

second; i think the bad credentials is due to the bad credentials of the (in your case) application authenticator. In JS 3.5 i had the encrypt these credentials, but since 3.7 JS is using a new bean for LDAP authentication