We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is it possible to use subreport in Title band?

psentosa

Hi all,

I'd like to make a report, which has several tables in the title area.

But all the tables could have any number of records, so that every other texts in the title area below the table should be automatically pushed down further. Is this possible?

Thanks for any explanations

Regards

Post Edited by psentosa at 05/06/2010 15:32

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used sub-reports in the title band on several occasions. The only thing I found is that to push down all information below it it does need to span then width of the main report.

Looking at iReport 3.7.2 you may be able to use the new table element to setup the tabled information in a sub-dataset. I've only played with it so I may be wrong here, but it looks like it may give you the results your looking for.

All I'm really referring to is ensuring that the width of the sub-report is the same width as the main report. iReport provides a simple solution to do this in their formatting tools called "Adapt to parent width".

Hi, thanks again for your prompot reply!

I attached my main and one of subreport below.

As you can see, the width of the first subreport element, the main report, and the subreport itself are all the same.

Still, if I have much more records than the height of the subreport element allows, it didn't push down all other texts.

Maybe you can take a look at the templates?

Thanks

Regards

Hi all,

How can I manage not to see the option "Position Type"?? :)

So, I just need to set the position type of all elements below the tables to "Float" so that they'll be pushed down as soon as the tables are bigger than the place holder

Regards