We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to use Image expression in reports ?

dhamayanthikd

I want to use some of the static images in my report. Im not very sure to go with some good approach. My requirement is just to have some static images like logo. is there anyway that can we just copy the image and paste (embed) in the image position. if not, what option i should use? I  could see, image expression that can be a string, file, url or input stream. Also i want to give relative path to the images, ie the path of the image will be "config/ui/images/" from the classpath or en/locales. Which one i should use? If i give the image path like this, will i be able to preview the report in ireports itself?

Also what is lsLazy? to increase the performance, can i check this. so that image will be preloaded?

Please guide me and thanks for your time.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I don't think copying and embedding support is available in Jasper/iReports.

2) Choosing the type of image expression again depends on your comfort. String are easy to hanlde

3) If I'm right i don't think relative path will help. But in your report let the path of image be supplied by a report parameter say $P{ImagePath}, and in your web-app get the image path using getServletContext().getRealPath("config/ui/images/logo.jpg"); Supply the obtained path to the report param.

4) IsLazy specifies whether the image should be loaded and processed during report filling or during exporting.

Hope this info helps you. Is yes don't forget to give karma points