Column Height Width based on DB Column Byte Size

sugita

Hi,

How do we fix column height and width based on the Data Size in Database. Suppose I have a character width of 240 bytes in Database.  I want to show it in Excel Report without using Stretch functionality. Using Stretch causes columns to get merged and further creates issue in Sorting in Excel.

Please help.

Regards,
Sugita

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, but I hope I'm wrong, that there is no way to make parametric definition of a report element  than to do it programmatically... that  means creating a program that creates the jrxml dinamically being careful to the report content format.

I often asked questions concerning the parameters passing to the report to make dinamic colour, or dinamic dimension... etc...
but I never got answers... :(

• 1 month later...

The problem we are facing is the Merged Cell when we do Stretch with Overflow and if we don't do stretch with Overflow the data gets truncated.

So finally we are looking for a feature to be used in Excel Report which allows the data exported in Excel to be sorted and not truncated.

I tried increasing the size of the column to get this working but as soon as the larger data value gets it, ut gets truncated.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

have you tried to use the keep.full.text properties?

in the properties of text field search property expression, open the dialog and add:

property name: net.sf.jasperreports.print.keep.full.text

property value: true

try this and send me a feedback...

Post Edited by slow at 05/24/2010 07:24

Thanks for your response.

This feature does the same function as "Stretch with Overflow" Property of the field. The moment data exceeds more than the column height, it becomes a Merged Cell and throws error while using sort feature of the Excel.

• 1 month later...