Java heap: Out of memeory problem

kuzman

Hi,

I have many small report and one big report on Jasperserver. The problem is the following:
When I run the small report many times no problem. When I run the big report it is working, but if I run it second or third time I got the Java heap: Out of memory  error message. After I can run the small riport without error but the run time is cca. doubled.
To run the big report again I have to restart the tomcat service, after the big report is working well again.

I have JS 3.1 and Win XP, Apache Tomcat

I had gave big memory to the Apache in the service.bat:

"-Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_BASE%\temp" --JvmMs 256 --JvmMx 2048M

br,

Zsolt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generated reports are kept on the session on a LRU bounded queue.  The report is evicted from the session when the View Report page is explicitly closed by clicking the Back icon, or when the max number of reports on a session (by default 5) is reached.  However, the report is not removed when the user closes or navigates away from the View Report.

What probably happens in your case is that the large report remains on the session, and the second report execition doesn't have enough heap space to complete.  Try to see whether clicking Back after the first execution makes a difference.

Regards,

Lucian

Hi Lucian,

thanks your help. I am using the riports from URL and I show it in iFrame.

I should press the back icon near to the report options icon?

Where can I modify the max number of reports on a session?

br,

Zsolt