We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Using subreport variables in main report variables

joepmo

Is it still true that the results of subreport variables cannot be used in main report variable calculations?  The last that I knew of you had to encapsulate your calculation in  field on the main report.

For example I want to take the results of subreport variable SV1 and divide it by the current amount in main report variable MV1 and then store those results in main report variabl MV2, so that I can further manipulate the results.

thanks,

Joe

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look under *Subreport properties*, there is a field named *Return Values*

use that to link subreport variables to variables in main report, which supposedly would allow you to use return values from subreport in main report

Yes, I know about the return values, but those can only really be used if you encase them in a text box or field on the main report.  I believe this a still an open issue to allow you to use the results from a subreport variable in calculating a main report variable.

I was trying to get some confirmation that this was still an open tracker issue and that it had not yet been resolved in one of the recent releases.

Joe

you can use this return to make calculus. you must to asign the value of return to a any variable in the master report and use it to make your own calculus in master report. i maded it taking values form subreport. i put it in detain band and take teh return values to make average in master report. there are a issue that i`m trying to solve is that average doesn`t take the las value from detail band and my avegare is worng.. but it is making calculus witn values returned..

I do not believe this is correct or the behavior is erratic.  Again I am trying to confirm that using subreport variables to populate main report variables is stil NOT supported, correct? 

At least when I have tried this I get a "null" return.

• 5 months later...