Crosstab display multiple rows in detail cell

ktalarico

How do I display multiple rows in a single detail cell?  My crosstab has workers on the left and days on the top.  The detail cell contains their shift for the day.  Some workers have more than one shift in a single day.

I've attached a pictures of what it should and should not look like (note the detail cell for Dec 25).  I have also attached the jrxml.

Any help is appreciated.  I am using iReport 3.0.0.

Karen

Post Edited by ktalarico at 01/27/2010 18:48

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first, you have to place your crosstab object into summary section.

>How do I display multiple rows in a single detail cell?
it seems you added 4 measures and you placed it into crosstab's detail section correctly.. it should be fine. let me know the result.

Eros
Tokyo, Japan

Post Edited by erosszz_jp at 01/28/2010 01:56

Yes it is, but basically you should.

Seems you found the solution. I think you should share to community back.

Happy coding.

ktalarico
Wrote:

>first, you have to place your crosstab object into summary section.

That is not true, but thank you for your quick reply

I have since solved the problem.  One of the java developers here wrote a custom incrementer factory class for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm posting the code for the custom incrementer factory (I did not write it, so I couldn't explain it).  I'm also attaching the report that uses it.  It has employee names on the left, shift dates on the top and shifts in the detail cell (employee can work more than one shift in a day).

However, this is a limited solution because it only allows up to 3 values to be displayed in the detail cell.  I'm looking for another solution that allows an unlimited number of values to be displayed in a detail cell.

Code:

Post Edited by ktalarico at 10/12/2011 18:00

• 4 years later...

Hi, 

I have one question about Matrix/Crosstab reports in JasperReports. I would like to show Departmentwise, which Salesmen, Clerks, Analysts and Managers are working. For example, see below table. There are multiple values in Measure column.   Since, I am beginner and have no idea how to print multiple values in Measure field.   

I am getting single value means only name of one employee.  Not all clerks and salemen are displayed. Even though I choosed 'Nothing' option in the wizard for Measure Field.  

I have got an idea somehow that need to implement custom incrementer class and that will be used inside property 'Incrementer Factory class'. But unfortunately, no idea how to start and write that custom class using 'JRAbstractExtendedIncrementer' and 'JRExtendedIncrementer' interfaces.

Does anyone have any report sample using them or any other idea to display such information ??  

Looking forward to your replies.

CLERKMANAGERPRESIDENTANALYSTSALESMAN
ACCOUNTINGMILLERCLARKKINGJAMESNull
RESEARCHADAMS
SMITH
PETER
JONESNullNullNull
SALESJAMESBLAKENullNullALLEN
MARTIN
TURNER
WARD

Thank you.