Jasper Report error when compiling

askme

Hi all,

I am using an api to generate the jasper report. I am trying to export the data in the HashMap through jasper report to a .pdf file. I am getting the following error. 

--------------------------------
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:
1. Too many constants, the constant pool for Product_Report_1262846848578_594569 would exceed 65536 entries
public class Product_Report_1262846848578_594569 extends JREvaluator
             <--------------------------------->
1 errors

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:195)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:219)

----------------------------------

My code worked fine when i generated the report with less content in it (or) less values in the hashmap. Now i have more values in my hashmap and i am not able to generate the report and the .pdf file.

Please help me

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lucianc,

Thank you for your kind reply. I am very much new to jasper reports. I was trying to avoid writing a jrxml file which would set my jasper design. That's why i was trying to set my jasper design through the java code. I was able to generate the report when i had less content in it. But now when i have more datas coming in i get the resultant error. These are some of the functionalities which i implemented, i don't know whether this is correct. Please correct me if this is not a right approach.

I was setting the page height as a static data like "jasperDesign.setPageHeight(1000);". But i found that the data that i passed was not getting assigned as there was no sufficient page height. So i dynamically set the page height according to the length of data that i have in my HashMap. At times i could find the page height being set as 80,000-90,000. And the error gets popped up.

Actually i don't know how to set a page break, like when one page has about 10-15 rows of data in it, then create another page and set the remaining data in it and so on.

Lucianc, can you please help me with this.

I am also trying to write a .jrxml file which would help me in generating the report the way i want. I am also stuck here, don't know how to move forward.

Lucianc, i am starting a new thread for this with the subject 'Creating .jrxml file'. Please have a look into and help me generate my report.

Thank you for the help

Regards

askme

Generating a report template with a height of 80,000-90,000 pixels doesn't sound right.

I understand that you have some data in a HashMap.  While I don't know what exactly you have to achieve, I think a more sane approach is to have a detail band in the report and use the HashMap as data source when filling the report.

Regards,

Lucian