Generating jasper report & export it to .xls

askme

Hi all,

I am new to jasper reports. Actually i need to show some data in jasper report and then export it to either .xls (or) .csv format. Please find the attachment, actually that is the format in which my report need to be generated. At first i thought of doing the template in .jrxml format. But some of the marks for the students should be displayed in red color, if it  the students mark is less that average mark. So i thought of doing the template coding in java and then pass on the student values to this class file.

Please find the sample codes which i was trying to use for generating a sample report in the code segment below.

As a beginner i don't know hot to do this.

Can somebody help me generate a report in the format as shown in the file(please find the attachment) using a similiar type of coding as mentioned in the code section and with out using .jrxml template file.

Kindly help me.

Thanks

Code:
//Actually this if the type of coding i wish to follow.Something likeimport net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRAlignment;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRElement;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrint;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperReport;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRBeanCollectionDataSource;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignBand;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignExpression;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignField;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignLine;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignStaticText;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignStyle;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignTextField;import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JasperDesign;import net.sf.jasperreports.view.JasperViewer;//---Then write a function which sets the design---private static JasperDesign getProductJasperDesign() throws JRException {        JasperDesign jasperDesign = new JasperDesign();        jasperDesign.setName("Product_Report");        jasperDesign.setLeftMargin(10);        jasperDesign.setRightMargin(10);        jasperDesign.setBottomMargin(20);        jasperDesign.setTopMargin(20);        jasperDesign.setPageHeight(800);        jasperDesign.setPageWidth(600);        jasperDesign.setColumnWidth(500);        jasperDesign.setIgnorePagination(true);        // Add styles to report        JRDesignStyle titleText = new JRDesignStyle();        titleText.setName("titleText");        titleText.setDefault(false);        titleText.setMode(JRElement.MODE_OPAQUE);        titleText.setFontName("Arial");        titleText.setFontSize(16);        jasperDesign.addStyle(titleText);}//And then finally call this design to the main function like  JasperDesign jasperDesign = getProductJasperDesign();            JasperReport jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);//and then export the result to either .xls (or) .csv format.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic