Layout question

hovendal

Hi all,

I have a question regarding how to fix a layout problem, where som of my elements are pushed "down", even thoug my band is not filled completely.

In the attached file reportexample.pdf i have shown a simple layout with two bands inside a detail section.

The first band (1) is of height 500px, even thoug this might not be used - maybe only 200 or 300 pixels are used. The "bigger" height of this band is set because the next band should be located at the bottom of the page...

My problem occurs when more lines are added to (1). Even thoug it is not exceeding 500 pixels, it pushes my band (2) downwards.

Everything inside the big band uses positiontype=float since lines can be added both before and after some content. And it works fine, everything is "placed" where it should be... But it seems as if the "empty" space between (1) and (2) is magically preserved instead of getting smaller and smaller with more lines added to (1).

How should one solve this? It is a VERY (~1500 lines) large report, so I dont prefer pasting it all here :) I have scetched the outlines in code however...

BR!

Code:
<detail> <band height=500>  <some static content....>  <subreport of variable lines....>  <some static content, with positiontype=float>  <subreport of variable lines....>  <some static content, with positiontype=float> </band> <band height=xx> </band></detail>If more than one line is printed from of each of the subreport, the second band is pushed down....

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days