We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

isStretchWithOverflow not working in subreport

jhertz

Hi,

I have a report that two sub-reports in it. It gets rendered to a PDF, the problem is that the text fields that are tagged as isStretchWithOverflow does not stretch. I have tried to run just the sub-report and then it works fine.  So how do I get it to behave the same when part of the master report?

Regards

jhertz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, the sub report is in the detail band. Do you want a sample as in a rendered report or as in the XML? I have added the detail bands XML in the code section.

Thanks

Code:
	<detail>		<band height="28" splitType="Stretch">			<staticText>				<reportElement style="Headin01" x="0" y="0" width="100" height="15"/>				<textElement/>				<text><![CDATA[breaks:]]></text>			</staticText>			<line>				<reportElement x="0" y="15" width="515" height="1"/>			</line>			<staticText>				<reportElement style="Headin04" x="0" y="16" width="100" height="12">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($P{printBreaks}.booleanValue() == false)]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<textElement/>				<text><![CDATA[no current breaks]]></text>			</staticText>		</band>		<band height="60" splitType="Stretch">			<subreport>				<reportElement positionType="Float" x="0" y="0" width="515" height="60" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$P{printBreaks}]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<parametersMapExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_PARAMETERS_MAP}]]></parametersMapExpression>				<dataSourceExpression><![CDATA[$P{breaks}]]></dataSourceExpression>				<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{reportFolder} + "/PositionLimits_BW.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>			</subreport>		</band>		<band height="70" splitType="Stretch">			<staticText>				<reportElement style="Headin01" x="0" y="42" width="100" height="15"/>				<textElement/>				<text><![CDATA[Warnings:]]></text>			</staticText>			<line>				<reportElement x="0" y="57" width="515" height="1"/>			</line>			<staticText>				<reportElement style="Headin04" x="0" y="58" width="100" height="12">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($P{printWarnings}.booleanValue() == false)]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<textElement/>				<text><![CDATA[no current warnings]]></text>			</staticText>		</band>		<band height="60" splitType="Stretch">			<subreport>				<reportElement positionType="Float" x="0" y="0" width="515" height="60" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$P{printWarnings}]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<parametersMapExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_PARAMETERS_MAP}]]></parametersMapExpression>				<dataSourceExpression><![CDATA[$P{warnings}]]></dataSourceExpression>				<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{reportFolder} + "/PositionLimits_BW.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>			</subreport>		</band>		<band height="140" splitType="Stretch">			<subreport>				<reportElement positionType="Float" x="0" y="0" width="515" height="140"/>				<parametersMapExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_PARAMETERS_MAP}]]></parametersMapExpression>				<dataSourceExpression><![CDATA[$P{all}]]></dataSourceExpression>				<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{reportFolder} + "/PositionLimits_All.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>			</subreport>		</band>	</detail>

Does the master report have printOrder=Horizontal?

Ideally a sample would be self-contained test case (JRXMLs + data) that reproduces the problem.  Full JRXMLs suffice in many cases though.  Of course reducing the reports to the simplest case in which the problem occurs helps.

Regards,

Lucian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I revisited the issue, and without me changing anything it wraps to another row now. To be honest I really don’t know what I have changed. I updated my version of ireport and maybe it did set some attribute that I had previously over looked.

Sorry for wasting your time, and once again thanks for the help.

Regards

jhertz