Executing a report on iReport vs JasperServer

tunguyen

Hi,

I have a report that has a company logo.  In iReport design, the logo points to a URL (e.g., new java.net.URL("http://google.com/logo")), but once that report is loaded into JasperServer, I want to use the logo loaded on that JasperServer instance (e.g., "repo:/path/file/logo.png") 

My question is how do I make a switch statement so that if the report runs in local iReport, it uses the URL and when it runs on JasperServer, it uses the repo: syntax.  I can use something in this format for the logo image:  "isServer ? use-Repo-string : use-URL-string"  Does anyone know what the variable is that I can use to tell whether it is running on the server?

Thanks,

-Tu Nguyen

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure there's a variable that does what you're asking, but it's easy enough to implement yourself.  Make a boolean parameter, we'll call it isServer.  In iReport, set its default value expression to "new Boolean(false)" and uncheck "use as a prompt"  Then use the "$P{isServer}.booleanValue() ? repo-location : url-location".  On the server, depending on how you run the report, add the isServer parameter to the parameter map before running the report    ie  map.add("isServer", new Boolean(true))  .

Post Edited by ctkrm at 11/23/2009 20:27

Since I run our reports on two different OSs, I was able to use a Java property as a variable to check against.  In my case it is iReprot vs JasperReports. I would think that the same concept would work with JasperServer.

Code:
( System.getProperty("os.name").equals("OS/400") ? "/reports/templates/images/RWLogo1_noTag.png" : "H:\\Jasper\\Logos\\RWLogo1_noTag.png" )