We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport error when added manually

manshack_one

Let's say I have a main report with one subreport on the summary page.  In iReport 3.6 everything works fine.  When I upload the main report to JS through iReport's Repository Navigator it recognizes the subreport exists and asks to include it.  I click yes, the files upload and the report will run fine on JS along with the subreport.

However, if I add a subreport to an existing report I get an error about loading the object "subreport.jasper" from a location which happens to be my c:\ drive working directory.  I checked my other report that uploaded both parts at the same time and the parameters are the same on both of them.  I don't see the subreport separately listed on JS for the one that works correctly.  My option is to drop the report from JS and upload it again but that's not a permanent workaround.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice after slowing down a little during my upload process that when iReport is uploading a brand new report to JS it will pop up and ask to include the subreport. Also on that screen is the option already filled out to change the relative path. However, when you're updating an existing report (even if it previously worked fine with a subreport) it will not ask you to change the relative path. It seems that iReport is only "subreport aware" on the initial loading. After that the current jrxml will overwrite the server version and change the path.