How to print text of query?

federico.cattozzi

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, I don't think about this solution.

So I have defined a new parameter QUERY with default expression similar to the query which was in <queryString> tag and I have put "<![CDATA[$P!{QUERY}]]>" in <queryString>, and all works.

If you work with iReport you lose some features of the "Report Query" window using this solution and all becomes less maintainable.

I use jEdit software and BeanShell scripting language built-in it to do multiple text replacements.

It's useful also in this case to convert query from <queryString> format to java compliant format.

The script below can be used as macro in jEdit, but you have to test it for your code.

Code:
// This is a recorded macro. First, check over the// commands to make sure this is what you intended. Then,// save this buffer, and the macro should appear in the// Macros menu..//add quotes before and after every line and carriage return "\n" for pretty printSearchAndReplace.setSearchString("^(.*)$");SearchAndReplace.setReplaceString("\"\\\"\" + _1 + \"\\\\n\\\"+\"");SearchAndReplace.setBeanShellReplace(true);SearchAndReplace.setIgnoreCase(false);SearchAndReplace.setRegexp(true);SearchAndReplace.setSearchFileSet(new CurrentBufferSet());SearchAndReplace.replaceAll(view);//add necessary characters to un-comment every parameter (P and P! are converted differently)SearchAndReplace.setSearchString("\\$P(!?)\\{([\\w\\_]*)\\}");SearchAndReplace.setReplaceString("_1 != null && _1.equals(\"!\") ? \"\\\"+$P\" + \"{\" + _2 + \"}\" + \"+\\\"\" : \"\'\\\"+$P\" + \"{\" + _2 + \"}\" + \"+\\\"\'\"");SearchAndReplace.setBeanShellReplace(true);SearchAndReplace.setIgnoreCase(false);SearchAndReplace.setRegexp(true);SearchAndReplace.setSearchFileSet(new CurrentBufferSet());SearchAndReplace.replaceAll(view);//remove last characters of the query added by last replacementSearchAndReplace.setSearchString("(.*)\\\\n\"\\+\\z");SearchAndReplace.setReplaceString("_1 + \"\\\"\"");SearchAndReplace.setBeanShellReplace(true);SearchAndReplace.setIgnoreCase(false);SearchAndReplace.setRegexp(true);SearchAndReplace.replaceAll(view);//convert tabs to "\t" for pretty printSearchAndReplace.setSearchString("\\t");SearchAndReplace.setReplaceString("\"\\\\t\"");SearchAndReplace.setBeanShellReplace(true);SearchAndReplace.setIgnoreCase(false);SearchAndReplace.setRegexp(true);SearchAndReplace.replaceAll(view);