ResourceBundle and Subreports

3rwin

Hi,

I have uploaded a main report and a sub report with their resourcebundles to our JasperServer:

root

mainreports

main.jrxml

resourcebundle.properties

subreports

sub.jrxml

resourcebundle.properties

I've created a $R{title} textfield in my sub.jrxml and defined it in the resourcebundle.properties (in the subreports folder), when I run the subreport on the JasperServer it translated my $R{title}, but when I add the subreport to the main and run the main, the $R{title} doesn't translate and gives me a "null" value for the field.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

kind regards,

Erwin

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but ... In the subreport I bind the ResourceBundle like this:

<jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="report name" pageWidth="595" pageHeight="842" whenNoDataType="AllSectionsNoDetail" columnWidth="595" leftMargin="0" rightMargin="0" topMargin="0" bottomMargin="0" resourceBundle="ResourceBundle">

So no path ...

kind regards,

Erwin

So the problem is that main report and is subreport have two different resources bundle with the same name... you can:

1)use two different names.

2)use only one resource bundle

3)use the full path: resourceBundle="mainreports/resourcebundle.properties"

1) if i use ResourceBundle for my main report and ResourceTable for my subreport i get the following error "java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name ResourceTable, locale en_US". I guess the JasperServer expects to find the ResourceTable of the subreport in the same folder as the main report.

2) I could put the labels of the subreport in the Resourcebundle of the main report, but that would be kinda stupid because everytime I would use the subreport in some other report i would have to write the labels over and over again.

3) i don't know exactly what you mean, when i look at the resourcebundle= statement there is only ResourceBundle (without .properties), what should the path be, keep in mind that i'm working on a JasperServer, should I start at the Root? I've tried a few possibilities but none seem to work.

Thanks for trying to help.

Kind regards,

Erwin

1-3) Unfortunately I do not know how JasperServer. works I use many reports in a Java Enterprise project, and I can put the resource bundle file in any folder in the classpath. Obviously I correctly referenced in the report.
ResourceBundle = "youFolderInClasspath / yourResourcesFile" without extension, sorry for the mistake.
yourResourcesFile is a java properties file... how do you use it in java code? ;) it must be placed in a classpath folder, as any resources.

2) It isn't stupid in advance. Depends on the type of use. I have ten reports and a single resource file, as many labels are common.

Post Edited by cn73 at 17/11/2009 10:11

1-3) In a Java project I can get this working, but in JasperServer i don't seem to find a solution.

4) I'm trying to re-use a subreport and it's translated labels in several main reports, so I don't want to have to enter the labels of the subreport in every main report.

So no solution for the moment ... anyone?

Kind regards,

Erwin