Resizing Detail Bond

narayanan_1985

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i'm not very able with english (and also with reports) so i can't understand very well your first problem but we should consider that the detail band automatically resize itself by contents (the recordset).

Otherwise you should wait for another one's reply (more expert then me).

For your second problem, instead, you should find in your data textfield properties the property "Print When Expression" and write like expression something like this: "new Boolean($F{yourData} != null)".

I hope to help you bye

Giovanni

...La puissance est rien sans controle...

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached my report. In Item Details Column, I want to remove empty space after 'color : ' data. some times data may come there. if there is no data, space should be truncated. if there is no data, i have to remove the label as well as all the column size should be adjusted accordingly. How to do this?. Is there any way to give border color to details band. 

try to give the same expression ("new Boolean($F{yourData} != null)") also to the property "Print when expression" of the "color" label... it should work and automatically resize the height of the column... maybe...

Giovanni

I had an (odd) idea but i don't know if it works:

try to use another (separated) text field to show the "color" (ever with the "hiding" property setted) and put this under the "items details",

set all the other textfields (not the "item details" one) with the property "deforms"=>"relative to band height" (sorry... i've an italian version and i don't know if is the correct translation)... give me a feedback

Giovanni