We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Proprietary versus Open source ETL tools

ustatic

Hi, 

As of today, we are still enjoying our Informatica tool but in a few months we will need to change. Basically we do not use our software at its full capacity and don't feel we need it anymore. 
So we are trying to find a less expensive solution that would have the same features (or almost...). 

We are looking at less expensive tools and Open source software. We have pretty much targeted a few companies and would like to know which ones would be the better solution compared to Informatica. 

-Apatar 
-Expressor 
-Pentaho 
-Talend 

Some are paying software, some are open source (but not free...), so i'm asking you to know which is the best software on the market.

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having used a few open source and proprietary solutions, my advice would be to go for open source.

About the best company on the market, of course all of those you talk about are good. IMHO, I have a few favorites in the open source world.

I enjoy Talend Open Studio because the program has a well designed interface with technically advanced features, a good debugging team and a large community.

You can look at all of the features here: http://www.talend.com/products-data-integration/talend-open-studio.php Hope this helps!