We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Null \'dataset\' argument

rodriguezum

i'm starting to use subreports and subdatasets, and i follow the instructions in the the ultimate manual, but it just doesn't seem to work,

let me explain i'm using the same mondrian connection in the master and subreport, when i run them both separately they present perfectly, in the master report i reserve exactly the necessary space for the subreport to present, the subreport master report folder is in the classpath and i pass the report_connection parameter from one to the other,

no input our output variables are needed. Finally when i run the report, it just doesn't show the subreport.

Well instead i tried to use a subdataset with the subreport mdx query and necessary fields to create the chart that i want from the subreport, and pass the report_connection again, and i still can't make it work .

don't know what else to try :(,

i just follow the exact steps of the manual, when i try to do a report_connnection.toString() the result just comes out null, so in the end i'm just a little confused, i don't know what is the report_connection sending if anything, is the sql connection to my DB, is it the mondrian connection....

Please help :), Cheers

here are both of the reports if you wana check it out

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i put printwhenexpression new Boolean($P{REPORT_CONNECTION}!=null) the subreport now shows but without the subreport, that is the report connection is null, but in the master report i do graph's and crosstabs, so that parameter shouldn't be null

doesn't work unfortunately, it throws me error evaluating expression

Code:

when i try to use subdataset instead of report it comes back and thorws me the same error, that i'm sending as a connection now is $P{MONDRIAN_CONNECTION}

please advise

Post Edited by rodriguezum at 07/16/2009 07:56