We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Displaying image directly from database

vpandya

Has anybody ever been able to display image on the report without saving it into local drive?  I am working hard but no success since last three days.

Various options to display image are

• net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRenderable
  • java.lang.String
  • java.io.InputStream

I have tried above three options. The second option works as I pass the path and image is stored in to local drive. But first and last option doesn't work. I get byte[] of image from database(blob --> byte[]) and I pass it to ByteArrayInputStream class. But it doesn't work. 

I have also tried JRRenderable option but no success.

Can somebody tell me what am I missing?

Code:

PS : Size of imageByteArray is not zero. I have verified that.

Post Edited by vpandya at 07/01/2009 15:09

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a bird's eye view into JRImageRenderer class from source code and found below code snippet,

Code:

Here, imageLocation variable is of String type but If I have passed an object of InputStream then how come imageLocation variable would get initialized?

Post Edited by vpandya at 07/01/2009 15:49

I have used InputStream and JRRenderable object as image source and it worked fine.  I can't tell what you are doing wrong based on the current information, post more details (full test case would be best), or do more debugging on your code.

Regards,

Lucian

PS: If you take another look at the JRImageRenderer code you'll notice that imageLocation is only used when imageData is null, and it shouldn't be null in your case.

Hi I found that the best way to do this was with my own class. I used the awt Toolkit to create the image from a bit stream, then used MediaTracker to load it and pass it to a BufferedImage where its resized and drawn on a Graphics object. The Graphics object is then returned. The class is invoked in jasper report.

Hope this gets you started