We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

version compatibilities

byteryder

I've updated an eclipse rcp application and am now getting missing data on my report when I recompile the .jasper files with version compatibility set at 3.5.1.  My current versions are: eclipse 3.4.1, JasperReports 3.5.1, swtJasperViewer 1.2.0, commons-beanutils 1.8.0, commons-collections 3.2.1, commons-digester 2.0, commons-logging 1.1.1, iText 2.1.5, and JRE 1.6.  My old reports (don't know the version but they were compiled in September 2007) work perfectly.  I get no error messages with either old or new reports.  The reports work under iReport (3.5.2).  I suspect there might be a compatibility issue between swtJasperViewer 1.2.0 and JasperReports 3.5.1.  Any input would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to solve the problem, so will post this here in case others can benefit. I'm now using Java 1.6, eclipse 3.4.1. and iReports 3.5.2. I looked into the iReports program to see which versions of the various libraries were used there - some of them are not the most recent. Specifically, it uses commons-logging-1.1.jar, iText-2.1.0.jar, and commons-digester-1.7.jar. I downloaded these and used them in my eclipse rcp application, along with JasperReports 3.5.2 and swtJasperViewer 1.2.0. All is well. So, when JasperReports documentation lists its dependencies as version x.x or newer, that is only true up to a point.