Time zone bug for Date params still exists

theodan

My JRXML has two java.util.Date params.  JasperServer (or JasperReports) was adding a timezone offset to them, even though they already had timezone offsets applied to them.  For example, 5/31/2009 00:00:00 CDT was becoming 5/30/2009 19:00:00 CDT when I printed the param in the JRXML using a <textFieldExpression>.  I'm not sure if it was actually changing the underlying Date param object, or if it was just doing this when displaying its value.  I was also using the param in my <queryString>, and I haven't done extensive testing to see if the query was using the correct or incorrect value.

This was happening in all of my JRXML's except one.  It took me a while to figure out why that one handled the Date params correctly, but I finally realized it was because it had:

<queryString language="SQL">

instead of:

<queryString>

as the others did.  So I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, and I didn't do extensive testing to see what happens when query languages other than SQL are specified.

But I figured I should let someone know about it.

-Dan

Post Edited by theodan at 05/31/2009 17:04

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bug, <query language="SQL"> should work in the same way as <query>.

JS uses timezones for two different things.

Data source timezones are used to adjust date/time values read from the DB; in the normal case this should not be required so the data source timezone would not be set.

User timezones (as selected on the login screen) as used to display date/time values.  This does not change the values themselves, just the way they are displayed.

Regards,

Lucian