We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Risk overwriting reports on server

jkemp101

We have switched to the NB version iReports.  Either we don't understand the jasperserver repository plugin or the new version seems to allow the wrong report to be overwritten on the server.  The "Replace with current JRXML" operation can easily overwrite the wrong report if you aren't paying attention to which report you are right clicking on.  Are we missing something? Is there a planned enhancement to ensure the report you are editing will only replace its corresponding report on the jasperserver?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't miss anything!! It's true! You can easily overwrite one jrxml by another. Some times it's practical but dangerous.

In fact, if it happens, you can reload from the temp local directory the good file (not obvious!!) and re overwrite with it. But if it is after 2 or 3 weeks, as the filenames are not very significant, it's impossible to retrieve it.

I suggest that, at least, a warning be popped up.

I have other discussion concerning this suggestion but in any case, I think what would be useful in addition to fixing this speciifc problem is the ability to control reports through CVS/SVN.  I added CVS control to the NB version but it does not easily integrate into the workflow of managing the reports.  One thing that would help would be to have a Jasper Reports or iReports project type in NetBeans.