We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Dynamic input LoV based on bean - Anyone ?

manojsaxena

Hi,

I need to make an input control 'Single Select List of Values' based on existing bean. Is there a way to associate the LoV with a custom JR data source. Alternatively, is it possible for LoV Select query to be created from 'Some' java program. The catch is that I need to customize the list of values shown based on a criteria based on login username etc.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The community here is small and only a small number of posters contribute unfortunately.

I have been using the forums for a week or two now to try and get answers and find that if someone knows the answer, it is usually posted within a couple of days, however often I receive no replies either.

Good luck with finding the answer, sorry this is not something I have dealt with thus far in jasper.

manojsaxena
Wrote:

I need to make an input control 'Single Select List of Values' based on existing bean. Is there a way to associate the LoV with a custom JR data source. Alternatively, is it possible for LoV Select query to be created from 'Some' java program. The catch is that I need to customize the list of values shown based on a criteria based on login username etc.

You should look into query-backed input controls.  Such an input control includes a query that references an arbitrary JS data source.  If you have a custom data source that knows how to fetch the required data, you could plug it into the input control via a query object.

Regards,

Lucian