Hyperlink within Charts

germs12

Hi,  I bought the book on iReport and it does little to nothing in terms of helping you figure out how one would create a hyperlink for anything much less a chart.  I have found a couple examples but they are all for version of iReport prior to 3.5.X...

So my question is this:  How do you take a graph and "drill down" to a subreport, passing parameters between the reports (aka: Date, Company_Id, Etc.)

Specifically where do you find documentation of the Hyperlink Type?  The manual (version 2.0) says the following are your options when selecting a type: (Reference, LocalAnchor, LocalPage, RemoteAnchor, RemotePage) yet the only time I can get it to work is when I look at examples that use "ReportExecution" but that' isn't listed as an option in the manual nor is it listed in the drop down, but every example I've found shows it as the method.  I'm confused, I don't get why the only time I can get it to work is when I edit the JRXML manually and enter a value that I can't find in the drop down.

Thanks in advance, I hope someone has conquered this issue!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ,

First of all u have put iReport question on jasperserver forum so it would be more convienient know your question on iReport forum.

You have to manually type the "ReportExecution" and then press enter that will show all tabs used by ReportExecution option.

Enjoy ....

Vishal

Why must you manually type that in?  Why is it not listed in the drop down?  Is this a feature to make the product harder to use?  Everytime a release goes out do they just "forget" to add an item to the drop down?  Where is this documented?  How can a product expect to success and develop a community of users if it's impossible to use?

This makes no sense to me.  But thank you for the answer.  Perhap the code should be fixed in the next release so that people can use the software as it was intended.