Non system font in report?

mdc

Is it possible to use a .ttf file not installed on the system as a font in a report displayed on screen?

From this thread it didn't seem to be possible back in 2006...

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=1150

So - why would I like to do this? Well, because our reports consist of a bunch of different files; mainreport, headerandfooter report, images, subreport and fonts. I would like to store all of these in a zip file with some form of meta file to automaticlly compile a complete report. I think everything except the font thing is doable. Or is it?

TIA,
Marcus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't answer your question, but it seems like it has something to do with a recent patch of JasperRepots.

It might help you to find an answer...

JasperReports 3.1.3 Change Log
===================================

- font extensions support to allow using TTF files without the need to install them into the system; this also allows using different TTF files for the same logical font name, depending on the locale;

• 2 weeks later...

mdc
Wrote:

Thanks, it surly looks like what I want. Anyone got an example of how to use it? Is it the class JRFontUtil I should look at?

Take a look at the demo/samples/fonts sample report shipped with JR to see a working example of font extensions.

Regards,

Lucian

• 3 weeks later...
What I understand thats only when exporting PDF files - right? I solved that by creating a custom JRPdfExporter. The problem still remains when viewing a report onscreen. Or have I missed something?