Encoding problem in ad hoc report filters

omoschoula

Hi,

I'm intrested in jasper server pro edition and I'm trying 3.5 evaluation version.

I have encountered a problem during the creation and run of an ad hoc report when setting a filter which value contains greek characters i.e. where description equals 'Αιτήματα'.

I turned on the debug mode of jasper server's log4j and saw that the query running in the above ocation is: 

select "DESCRIPTION"
from "PYLES"."MODULES"
where "DESCRIPTION" = 'Ξ‘ΞÎ‰Ο„Ξ®ΞÎŒΞ±Ο„Ξ±'

As a result the oracle database from which the report is requesting the data doesn't return any rows. Is there anything I can do to change the encoding of the stored string in the jasper mysql database?

Any suggestions are welcome..

Thanks in advance

Olga

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Olga,

Could you give a little more information please?

How were you setting the filter value?

1) In the jrxml topic?

2) In the domain data chooser wizard

3) In the Ad hoc designer itself by clicking the filter control?

thanks

Angus

Hi Angus,

Both in Domain Designer and Ad Hoc Report Designer I've tried to add filter values in the filter tab and I came accross the problem I described above. In a jrxml file when I put a parameter in where clause with the prompt option everything works fine. In the two design modes (domain and ad hoc report) it doesn't. Actually in the domain editor when I try to update the domain filter after its creation the value I entered as 'Αιτήματα' it now appears as ''Ξ‘ΞÎ‰Ο„Ξ®ΞÎŒΞ±Ο„Ξ±'

Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply

P.S. I include two screen shots in order to help you understand better the situation. The first is when I create a domain and the second when I try to view the values through the update of the domain..

Olga

Post Edited by omoschoula at 05/07/2009 05:37

• 6 months later...