Putting 2 Reports Together

prinsesajade

hi! im new to ireports..

i just have this problem with combining my 2 reports together...

i have 2 different reports..wat i needed to do is put them together..i dont have datasource..

do u have any idea on how i can make this? i have tried subreport but it wont work..only one of the report is shown and the other is not..

can sum1 help me?tnx...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One possibility is to generate the two reports separately and then use some iText methods to merge the pdf files together. There is an example of how to do that on the itext website, or if you can't find it, I can provide some sample code I've used in some applications.

let me describe u the scenario..hehe

i created a report design in ireport(Agency.jrxml) and another report Employee.jrxml. my agency report has fields agencyID, agencyName, agencyAddress and agencyTelNum. Employee has empName, empAdd,empTelNum and empAgency.

when i excute each report to view the design it goes well..

i wanted to put the employee report  as a subreport to the agency report..so i inserted an element subreport and used exisitng Employee.jrxml...

but when i execute my master report only the fields of agency are shown and my subreport isn't. how can i connect these 2 reports? i don't have dataSource..i was working on the design first..

tnx for ur reply..