We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperserver3.0 ubuntu 8.04 not work after reboot

marcogastaldello

on ubuntu 8,04 jasperserver 3,0 it works perfectly after l' installation, but after to have reboot the PC, opening the link to jasperserver the page does not find more to me. I have tried of reboot jasperserver with the scripts:

/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe start

/apache-tomcat/bin/startup.sh

output:

: ~/jasperserver-3.0/mysql/bin$ I sudo ./mysqld_safe start nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/linuxservertravesio/jasperserver-3.0/mysql/data STOPPING serveur from pid /home/linuxservertravesio/jasperserver-3.0/mysql/data/linuxservertravesio.pid rows 090113 12:41: 30 mysqld ended

linuxservertravesio@linuxservertravesio: ~/jasperserver-3.0/apache-tomcat/bin$ I sudo ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/linuxservertravesio/jasperserver-3.0/apache-tomcat Using CATALINA_HOME: /home/linuxservertravesio/jasperserver-3.0/apache-tomcat Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/linuxservertravesio/jasperserver-3.0/apache-tomcat/temp Using JRE_HOME: /home/linuxservertravesio/jasperserver-3.0/java

$ I sudo ./jasperctl.sh 

not output

opening the page in the browser I obtain: http://localhost:8080/ page of tomcat but if point to: http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/

HTTP 404 Statuses - /jasperserver/ type Status report message /jasperserver/ description The requested resource (/jasperserver/) is not available. Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

Thanks of any aid

Post Edited by Marco Gastaldello at 01/13/09 12:25

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you start mysql in safe mode? Otherwise that's not seems to be the problem...

Look at Catalina (/usr/local/tomcat/logs in my case) and Jasperserver (/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log in my case) logs, any suspicious error?

Maybe on your server there was two instance of mysql and when u reboot it's come up the version with not the jasper database.Check on /etc/init.d if there is executable mysql, if yes  remove the permission .In this situation when u reboot the initd process don't execute mysqld and u can run ./jasperctl.sh start...
tricks to runjasperserver on boot ,put on bash file PATHTOJASPERSERVEREXECUTABLE start and save it on /etc/init.d and make it executable.