How to set the print quality to Normal quality

offtiz

Hello friends,

I got the problem below:

I generated an Excel report by using JRXlsExporter() and used backcolor ( gray silver) in some fields. When I print the report the " Print quality : 300 dpi " by default  within  Excel Page Setup properties and then backcolor is printed in a poor quality.

How can I set the "Print quality : 600 dpi "automatically by default, so i can get a better printed backcolor ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Post Edited by offtiz offtiz at 01/01/09 15:21

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar problem, although with the charts generated in the pdf reports.
We have used jasper reports 3.7.4 and found out that the charts generated from jfreecharts library in jasper reports  do not render well when printed. They appear blurred and the labels on the pie and bar charts cannot be customized. The default renderer sets a width to the pie-chart labels which I have not found a way to alter. The createImage function for charts, it seems, generates an image and I do not know how to create a lossless bitmap from java using either getImage() or 'new ImageIcon()'.  Similar problem occurs when the pdf report prints 48x48 pixel Icons. I have used gimp or adobe photoshop to generate icons and with proper loss less compressions even when I change across image formats.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Edited by amit_walinjkar at 10/15/2010 14:27