how to know whether a filed has hyper text or not?

bravindra

Hi All,

In my main report i have many fields and a sub report with the detais. For one field, i created a hyper link.

Right now when i open my main report, i see sub report for each and every record. But i want to put a condition in the "Print When Expression" of the sub report saying if a particular field has hyperlink enabled, then only i want to set it as new Boolean(true) otherwise new Boolean(false).

In order to do this, i have to get the information like whether for a particular field the hyperlink option is enabled or not? How to know it by using an expression?

Thanks in Advance.

Ravi.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For this topic,i think,
you must know which condition particular field has hyperlink enabled (such as when fielda >1,the field has hyperlink ) ,so you can use this condition to "Print When Expression".
and i don't know whether i misunderstand your question.

Yes, for all the fields hyperlink is enabled. But i want to know whether hyperlink is clicked or not using an expression. what is the expression to know whether a particular field has hyperlink is clicked or not?

As you said, i am able to show the sub report based on field value like

($F{OrderID}.doubleValue() > 10248 ? new Boolean(true) : new Boolean(false) ) in the "Print when expression" of the sub report.

But i want to know whether it is possible to display the subreport in the same page when the hyper link is clicked or not?

It is very urgent for me. Please help.

Regards,

Ravi

Post Edited by ravindra reddy b at 12/24/08 09:32