Ad Hoc Topic with LoggedInUser issues

carminez

I am having issues trying to get an Ad Hoc Topic to work properly if the Topic uses the LoggedInUser and UserName parameters. I'm using JS Pro 3.1.

I have a report built from iReport with 3 parameters: X_ID (multi-select query), LoggedInUser, UserName. UserName is used in the WHERE clause of the report query like this TableColumn = $P{UserName}.

If I run the report from the repository, it works just fine. It allows me to select the multi-select parameter and correctly evaluates the UserName in the WHERE. If I try to create an Ad Hoc report from this Topic, it does not work. The default value for the X_ID parameter seems to have been applied, because when I hover over the "Data has dynamic values" label in the right corner, it shows the correct default value for that parameter. But in the body of the report, it says "No data was returned. More...", I click on the More link and get the attached popup.

I created another version of this same Topic, but this time without the LoggedInUser and UserName parameters, and then I am able to create an Ad Hoc report from it, obviously without the UserName validation I was looking to implement.

Are LoggedInUser and UserName supposed to work with Topics?

Post Edited by Carmine Zingariello at 12/09/08 23:49

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic