Crosstabs in Group Footer

nickw

As the title says, I'm trying to create a crosstabs element for each group value in my main dataset and place it in the group's footer.  The crosstabs element uses a subdataset whose datasource is my main report dataset.  The crosstabs subdataset is configured to reset on my main report group (resetType="Group" resetGroup="Report Group").  The records from my main datasource are grouped and ordered such that the first column contains the main report group values, and remaining columns contain the values for filling each group's crosstab. 

The result of this report is strange to me in two ways:

First, the resulting document shows the header of the first group, a crosstabs containing only the last record of my datasource in the first group's footer, and only the header of the second group.  It didn't even start to create subsequent group footers or headers.

Second, when I looked at the sequence of records retrieved from the datasource and group sections initialized for the report, a new group is initialized correctly for the first group but never initializes another group for the other group values until all remaining records have been retrieved.  And only then does it initialize the second group, which shows no footer of course because there aren't any records left to retrieve.

Given what I'm seeing from my datasource and scriptlet classes, I'm not too surprised at the output of the report.  But is there any way for my crosstabs to share my main datasource and still see when a new report group is starting without its dataset run simply consuming all records in the datasource?

I'm seeing that the group value is checked from the dataset run in the crosstabs dataset up until a different group value is discovered and then never again.  It's almost as if it correctly saw that a new group started, but it just didn't stop consuming records and never gave control back to the main report processes...

Any thoughts?
Code:

Post Edited by Nick Wilson at 12/03/08 18:13

Post Edited by Nick Wilson at 12/03/08 18:14

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 years later...