We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Sub reports is not getting displayed

akash12_06

Hi all,

I have added one sub report in my main report but when i am running main report, i am not able to see sub report.

In sub report i have just added one static text and it has been added in details band in main report. I am not getting any exception also regarding path of subreport . If i change sub report path, it gives me error saying object not found . That means it's trying to pick up sub reports. But why it is not getting displayed..

Is there any specific band of sub reports ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

There is no specific band for the sub-report, it depends on the purpose. A sub report in the detail band will be run for every row returned by the main query. If the sub report is not displaying then there are two possibilities

1) The main report query is not returning any rows. Unlikely becaue you would get 'Report contains no pages'

2) The Query in the sub-report is not returning any rows. Even if you place some statuc text in the detail band (or any band) of the sub-report it is still necessary for the sub-report to have a query that returns at least one row.

Hope that helps

Peter Gale
Ingres Corporation