We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Using styles

dtrobert

Hi,

We have many, many templates which have hardcoded fonts for the text elements in each.  I'm trying to convert them to use styles with iReport but found a few problems:

1. I don't want to have to keep recreating styles over and over for each template, but can't see a way to have them as defaults.

2. If I try to apply a style to a text element, it doesn't do anything because the text element already has fonts and borders defined.  I found to clear the borders I can select 'restore factory' but can't see an equivalent to essentially 'remove' the font for the text elements. 

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not say which version of IReport that you were using but if you are using 3.0.0 or 2.0.4 or earlier you can add the desired styles to the styles library then they will be availabe to any report or template constructed. You can also modify the styles already in the styles library.

I have found that trying to add a style to a text item (text field or static text) will not work if you have the properties dialog box open.

I am still trying to find a way to carry over styles used in IReport version 3.1.0 nb. I have had to recreate the style with each new report.

I'm using 3.0.  I've added it to iReport with Format->Styles.  Is there something else needed to do to add it to the library?

I also found that our version of jasperreports seems to be ignoring the styles anyway. We'll upgrade I suppose (using some 2.x version). 

If you look under the 'View' menu item for 'Docking Panes' you will see a 'Styles Library' this will add a styles window to IReport and give you access to the library that is constant between reports. There were several predefined styles and these can be modified or new ones can be added and they will all show up in every new report's styles window.

The easiest way to use them I found was to drag and drop the desired style on the new text object. This seemed to only work when the properties window was closed though.