We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

parameter form

arehman

hi everyone

i am new on ireport. i am basically oracle developer using oracel reports.

but now i m shifting towards jasper / ireport.

i want to make parameter form from where i can pass parameters into reports. and also want how can i create dynamic parameter in which i can write sql.

can anybody help me.

thanks in advance

best regards,

a.rehman 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it depends on what you want. First off you will need to create a parameter first. Look under the Document structure. Right click on Parameters to add parameters. Then in  your sql query you would use $P{your_value} in place of your field value that you are pulling. Hope this helps.

dear Ruben Gouveia

thanks for replying me.

with your suggestion parameter is working.

but i have two more question 

1. i want to create a form on which we select many parameters which are defined in report and user select parameter and report run accordance with selected parameter.

2. how can i run jasper report via url.

3. how can i install jasperserver for oracle.

best regards,

a.rehman

Hi rehman,

Have you tried dl'ing the JasperServer from here and install it? For me, I tried the whole trial package from Jaspersoft so it's a bit different. However, one thing that I kinda had a tough time with was connecting JasperServer with Oracle. You need to include the Oracle Driver (ie. ojdbc14.jar) in the system path variable. Right click on computer icon on the desktop is the best way of doing this. Just edit the variable name "path"

To test if you can actually connect to oracle, in JasperServer, go to View -> reposistory -> Add resource -> Data Source -> JDBC Data Source.

For the setting,

Driver: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:<port>:<db>  For example: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:mylocaloracle

Supply the username/password and hit "Test Connection". If it says "Test successful" you're ready to rock-n-roll. If you see an class def not found java exception, JasperServer doesn't see the .jar driver file. Go check your system Path variable. If you get some kind of denied, check your username/password.

When you publish your JasperServer, remember to select this Data Source.

Good luck.

Dear  Nghia Nguyen

i want to store all my repository in oracle. but it is not working. how can i install it with oracle.

repository is still store & call from mysql. but report is running from oracle. but i want to store & call repository from oracle. without using mysql.

thanks in advance

regards,

a.rehman